    Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
    was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.

    Tx.

    fitwell, Dec 5, 2005

  2. fitwell

    Whiskers Guest

    MS word apparently cannot do this. The free Open Office can import MS
    Word files and export PDF files - but you may need to manually edit the
    text to get rid of Microsoft's non-standard characters etc.

    I don't know of any utility to do precisely what you are asking, but I
    wouldn't be surprised if there are commercial products or services
    available.

    Whiskers, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Select all the DOC files, right click and select "Convert to PDF".
    Oh yeah, you'll need Acrobat installed.
    Acrobat Pro 7 does it, I'm not sure about the earlier versions.

    ::Your Name Here::, Dec 7, 2005
  4. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Hi, it sounds like we're selecting this "Convert to PDF" from the
    context menu which is Windows Explorer?

    I believe we have v6. I'll have to check again at the office.

    That would have saved me a lot of time last week, didn't think to see
    if anything put in the context menu for PDF.

    Pls confirm and thanks.

    fitwell, Dec 11, 2005
  5. fitwell

    why? Guest

    Yes.

    Highlight the files, right click, select the option.
    Same on v6.

    Taking a .htm file as an example, has 2 context entries

    Convert to Adobe PDF
    Combine in Adobe Acrobat
    Sometimes the issue is too many things on the context menu :)
    Me

    why?, Dec 11, 2005