    I assume the VRRP cannot be used, as it runs only on the routers. This
    can help when I have the servers in a different LAN. But, how do I
    accomplish it when the clients and the servers are in the same LAN?

    qazmlp1209, Oct 28, 2006

  2. qazmlp1209

    Brian V Guest

    You set it up on the servers, not on routed interfaces when on the same LAN.
    1, If the servers are patched to multiple switches: Setup the servers in
    failover mode..they MUST be failover mode not load balancing if they are
    patched in to different switches.
    2, If going to the same switch: set the servers up as load balancing and
    create an etherchannel on the switch to the server.

    Brian V, Oct 28, 2006

  3. qazmlp1209

    Thrill5 Guest

    VRRP is used for redundant network equipment, not redundant servers. If
    your servers are on one subnet, and clients on another, you would use VRRP
    running on two routers that each are connected to both subnets. The servers
    and clients point to a default-gateway, and VRRP is used so that if one of
    the routers fails, the other takes over the default-gateway ip address. It
    has nothing to do with configuring redundant servers. If your servers and
    clients are on the same subnet, than the router doesn't have any role in the
    communication between them.

    Scott

    Thrill5, Nov 1, 2006