    -play them with menus and such

    thanks for any help in the above. the overall objective is to get more than
    2 hours in sp mode on one dvd without losing quality.

    MauiJNP, Jan 27, 2005

  2. MauiJNP

    P Pron Guest

    You can do it, but it's not clear to me how DVDShrink is expected to
    practically _halve_ the size of the data without loss of quality.

    If you're happy with that much recompression, probably the simpler way of
    doing it (and it might be the only way, come to think of it...) would be to
    author the two sets of files _without_ menus, and burn them to your HD. Then
    bring both sets into TMPGenc DVD Author using the "Add DVD" button. _Then_
    do the menu for the whole lot, author as one huge DVD, and use DVDShrink on
    that.

    But I suspect you'll lose so much picture quality that you might just as
    well have recorded them at a lower bit-rate to start with.....

    paul

    P Pron, Jan 27, 2005

  3. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    that's a better idea than mine. thanks. i will try it and see how the
    quality suffers.

    MauiJNP, Jan 27, 2005
  4. MauiJNP

    ShadowRaptor Guest