    When your download receives a time-out then disconnects, can that number be
    change?

    Izod

    Izod, Sep 13, 2007

  2. Izod

    Evan Platt Guest

    From a FTP site with an FTP client?

    From a web site in a web browser?

    Details...
    What number?

    Evan Platt, Sep 13, 2007

  3. You asked this question about two hours ago. This isn't a chat room;
    wait an appreciable amount of time.

    Windows doesn't see FTP transfers as 'activity'. Set your email program
    to check for new mail every 10 to 15 minutes, and that should keep
    Windows alive. (I read this somewhere.)

    And I figured you meant FTP, because you did manage to type that in your
    earlier post - but not in this one.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 13, 2007
  4. Izod

    Izod Guest

    Sorry Beau I really didn't think it was the same question..... I won't
    bother with it again...

    Izod, Sep 13, 2007
  5. In your first, earlier post, you said:

    "I keep getting a time out on a file transfer. The host tells me it's
    at my end. How can I tell?
    I using XP, and WS_FTP. The transfer ends with a "Send Error". I've
    turned off the Firewall.
    Don't know what else could cause it. Any help please.... Izod"

    ...which is very much like your last post:
    I figured a "download time-out" was the same as a "file transfer
    time-out". Was I wrong?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 13, 2007
  6. 17

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 13, 2007
  7. Izod

    Evan Platt Guest

    42.

    Evan Platt, Sep 14, 2007
  8. Izod

    Izod Guest

    Yes, it's very much like the first. But, a different question!!!!! I
    wanted to know if were possible to change the time-out.

    You should POST your rules. I would be glad to OBEY the rules. I'm
    sorry I caused you
    grief... I will search for answers elsewhere. Thanks but no thanks.
    I'm done.

    Izod

    Izod, Sep 14, 2007
  9. No. Do what I first suggested and set your email client to check for
    mail every 10 minutes, while you download this mysterious large file.
    You could also go surfing or check mail manually every 10 minutes, too,
    if you don't want to learn how to make the email client do it for you.
    They ain't *my* rules, honey. They are the rules and guidelines of
    Usenet etiquette, commonly referred to as Netiquette. This includes the
    generally-accepted practice of replying inline, such as I am doing here
    to your several points, rather than typing everything at the top,
    without carefully trimming the quoted material. Perhaps this page will
    get you started:
    http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm
    Heh, you certainly didn't cause me any grief. And the answers you were
    already given didn't work? You never stated you even tried them.
    Ok then. See ya around the farm. Good luck with your download.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 14, 2007