    I've just done a Norton Scan and it said I am missing a system file and it
    doesn't seem to be able to repair it.

    Any idea how I can do a system check for files and then replace it?

    Mog, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Mog

    Brian Guest

    OS?

    Windows 2k and XP
    start>>run>>type sfc /scannow>>ok have your OS install cd at hand or in
    your drive.

    Brian, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Mog

    Richard Guest

    Uninstall Norton completely and your problems will be solved.

    Richard, Jan 15, 2005
  4. Mog

    Mog Guest

    Thanks for the tip

    Mog, Jan 15, 2005
  5. Mog

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | >> it
    | >> doesn't seem to be able to repair it.
    | >>
    | >> Any idea how I can do a system check for files and then replace it?
    | >>

    | > Uninstall Norton completely and your problems will be solved.
    |
    | Thanks for the tip

    Be careful - Richard has proven himself to be foolish. Getting rid of Norton
    is not necessarily the cure to your problems.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 15, 2005
  6. Mog

    Mog Guest

    Hi Tooly

    I am not getting rid of Norton at all, I used to think it was big and
    bloated, but now, after having become infected with a nasty evil virus I am
    having installed every single available protective measure that it has got
    and feel very secure with it.

    Mog, Jan 15, 2005
  7. Mog

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | > | > |

    | > and

    | > |
    | > | Thanks for the tip
    | > |
    | > Be careful - Richard has proven himself to be foolish. Getting rid of
    | > Norton
    | > is not necessarily the cure to your problems.
    |
    | Hi Tooly
    |
    | I am not getting rid of Norton at all, I used to think it was big and
    | bloated, but now, after having become infected with a nasty evil virus I
    am
    | having installed every single available protective measure that it has got
    | and feel very secure with it.

    Me to - Norton is fine. McAfee is fine. Other AV programs are fine. It's
    mostly a matter of keeping them up-to-date. Norton doesn't slow down my
    750MHz computer enough to worry about. It may be a problem in a slower
    computer, but I won't *use* a slower computer <g>!

    I just posted that because Richard seems to delight in giving out foolish
    advice.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 15, 2005
  8. Mog

    Wayne Kerr Guest

    LOL I myself am a victim, I used to consider myself above the rest because I
    used a light way free anti virus, but I learnt my lesson the hard way.

    Nice you don't use a slow computer...

    Wayne Kerr, Jan 15, 2005
  9. Mog

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | > | > |

    | > | > | > | > |

    | > file

    | > it?

    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > |
    | > | Hi Tooly
    | > |
    | > | I am not getting rid of Norton at all, I used to think it was big and
    | > | bloated, but now, after having become infected with a nasty evil virus
    | > am
    | > | having installed every single available protective measure that it has
    | > got
    | > | and feel very secure with it.
    | > |
    | > Me to - Norton is fine. McAfee is fine. Other AV programs are fine. It's
    | > mostly a matter of keeping them up-to-date. Norton doesn't slow down my
    | > 750MHz computer enough to worry about. It may be a problem in a slower
    | > computer, but I won't *use* a slower computer <g>!
    | >
    | > I just posted that because Richard seems to delight in giving out
    foolish
    | > advice.
    |
    | LOL I myself am a victim, I used to consider myself above the rest because
    | used a light way free anti virus, but I learnt my lesson the hard way.
    |
    | Nice you don't use a slow computer...

    Truth is, many people think 750 is slow...and compared to my desktop, it is.
    But it's really not bad for basic work.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 15, 2005
  10. Mog

    Bob B Guest

    Which file are you missing is it a .dll

    Bob B, Jan 15, 2005
  11. Mog

    Facon Guest

    Hi Bob

    Yes it is a .dll

    Facon, Jan 15, 2005
  12. Mog

    Lookout Guest

    If it came with your original install of Windows it may be on your
    installation disk. Of course to find it you will need to know DOS.

    Lookout, Jan 16, 2005
  13. Mog

    Bob B Guest

    get you .dll from here.... http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/index.shtml I
    would then drag it into the windows/systems folder (you might like to leave
    a copy in a folder on the desktop so you can find it)

    Bob B, Jan 23, 2005