Can someone help me decipher this email header

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ErmYouKnow, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. ErmYouKnow

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Hello all,

    I have received a spam email, and do not know how this person has got my
    email address as I NEVER use it on the Net at all. I've blanked out my
    details for obvious reasons. Is it possible to find the sender's ISP and
    report the email to them?

    X-From_: 4you.net Fri Jan 09 22:46:29 2004
    Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:52:09 -0600
    To: ***** *****<*****@*****.******.co.uk>
    From: Local Kalor <4you.net>
    Subject: Exclusive for ***** *****

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 9, 2004

  2. ErmYouKnow

    °Mike° Guest

    Received from: 66.179.95.214
    Cached whois for 66.179.95.214 :
    CC:

    °Mike°, Jan 9, 2004

  3. ErmYouKnow

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Thank you for the quick reponse Mike. What program did you use to get that
    information?

    Regards

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 9, 2004
  4. ErmYouKnow

    °Mike° Guest

    There's various ways. The simplest way is to sign up to SpamCop,
    and let them do the work for you.
    http://www.spamcop.net/

    °Mike°, Jan 9, 2004
  5. ErmYouKnow

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Jan 9, 2004
  6. ErmYouKnow

    °Mike° Guest

    Sorry, I meant to add some other methods in my previous post.

    Sam Spade For Windows
    http://www.samspade.org/ssw/

    DNS Lookup
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    DNS Stuff
    http://www.dnsstuff.com/

    SpamCop FAQ Parsing and reporting spam
    http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/16.html

    Tracking SPAM
    http://www.claws-and-paws.com/spam-l/tracking.html

    A Quick Guide to E-Mail Headers
    http://real.fissure.org/articles/headers.shtml

    Reading Email Headers
    http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers/headers.html

    Dealing With Junk Email
    http://www.jcrdesign.com/junkemaildeal.html

    The SPAM-L FAQ
    http://www.claws-and-paws.com/spam-l/index.html

    °Mike°, Jan 9, 2004
  7. ErmYouKnow

    Avenger© Guest

    Inflow Inc. Denver/Colorado

    "Put the CAT out to reply"

    Avenger©, Jan 9, 2004
  8. ErmYouKnow

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Mike,

    Thank you for the information you posted, I have had an email back from
    inflow.com informing me that they are investigating the email.

    Again thank you for your help, much appreciated.

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 10, 2004
  9. ErmYouKnow

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.