    www.microsoft.com no longer resolve to machines on
    Microsoft's own network, but instead are handled by the
    Akamai caching system, which runs Linux.

    Ray, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Ray

    Somchai U. Guest

    It is the good idea to have fault tolerance DNS. Linux is the most cost
    effective server, especially for DNS. If I want to run a dedicated DNS
    server, I would not waste money on MS Windows too. :)

    I recall the day when Microsoft DNS server resides on the same subnet. When
    that subnet is unreachable, the entire domain disappears from the net.
    Microsoft has learn too much from that lesson.

    Somchai

    Somchai U., Sep 1, 2003