    http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/symsn....sympatico.msn.ca/Video_Games/Reviews/Content
    Posting.aspx?contentid=efcf2d20b010454db520e77e9438cc70&show=True&number=6&s
    howbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc;rtime=7;ord=1121516555361?

    Bud Light, Jul 16, 2005

  2. Bud Light

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Your friend is Google.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=doubleclick&btnG=Search

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 16, 2005

  3. Bud Light

    Joel Rubin Guest

    The Micro$oft Network is trying to open a pop up ad the first time you
    go to a link. You've probably got a pop up blocker installed that
    stops the pop up from appearing but doesn't let you get to the real
    link. Once you've "gone" to the "ad.doubleclick.net" URL you get a
    cookie and MSN lets you go straight to the link because "you've
    already seen the pop up ad".

    Joel Rubin, Jul 16, 2005
  4. In Bud Light
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
    writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
    and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
    placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    MSN (both MSN and MSN.ca) use Doubleclick as a way to sell products and
    justify their homepage and stories. What is happening is either a pop-up
    blocker is stopping your progress or TeaTimer, an add-on from Spybot. It's
    annoying, trust me. But would you rather go to a website that is known to
    be nothing but spyware/adware? All you can do is complain to MSN ... but
    I've been doing that since '04 and so far no changes.

    --
    Kyle :eek:)

    $1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention :)

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Jul 16, 2005
  5. Bud Light

    Pennywise Guest

    |>When I go to MSN.CA the very first time during the day and click on a link
    |>for a story I want to read I always get the following
    |>"ad.doubleclick.net....." in front of the actual URL that will take me to
    |>the story. Nothing happens and nothing is displayed on the page. After I
    |>click on the BACK browser button to return to the MSN.CA page and click on
    |>the same link again for the story it opens fine because the
    |>"ad.doubleclick.net..." doesn't appear anymore. Is this some type of adware
    |>or spyware? I have adware installed and it doesn't pick anything up.
    |>Thanks.

    Try a HOSTS file, I use Mike's http://tinyurl.com/coye and visiting
    the MSN.CA site I don't see doubleclick being accessed.

    Good info on a HOSTS file http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    Pennywise, Jul 16, 2005
  6. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    Thanks to all those who posted helpful comments.

    Bud Light, Jul 16, 2005
  7. Bud Light

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    it can be analyzed.

    HijackThis

    pcbutts1, Jul 16, 2005
  8. Bud Light

    Krull Guest

    Download Firefox and the AdBlock extension and add "*doubleclick*" to
    the list of banned sites. POOF -- No more ads and faster page loads!

    Krull, Jul 17, 2005