    problems occur.

    I know it's about 2 minutes on II and @ 4 minutes on III.

    Thanks.

    DVD, Oct 25, 2003

  2. DVD

    Jay G Guest

    The problem is throughout the whole film. For the first pressings
    of the WS versions of BTTF II and III, the entire film was
    transferred with the matting a little too high. It's most notable
    in scenes where important info on the bottom was cut off
    though. For example, in II, when Marty's jacket beeps
    and blow dries itself, a blinking light at the bottom of the
    jacket is cut off.

    The "2 minutes" and "4 minutes" were estimations on the
    amount of time during the films when the bad framing is
    most 'noticeable or distracting.

    Note that all the optical FX shots are not mis-framed,
    since those were hard-matted to 1.85:1 when they were
    filmed.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Oct 26, 2003

  3. The mis-framing is through the duration of the films. The times the
    approximate are when it's badly, badly, noticeable.

    Nick

    Nicholas Totoro, Oct 26, 2003