Can Results From A Search By Adobe Reader 9 Or Another Software Be Exported?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin, Oct 9, 2009.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hello,

    I'm currently using Adobe Reader 9 (free) to search for common terms within
    a folder in which I keep certain PDF files.

    Quite frequently, I locate multiple instances of the searched term, which
    then results in several hours of noting, by pen on paper, the particulars
    involving each term located.

    Though I have yet to locate it, does Adobe Reader 9 have a function that can
    be enabled to export the results, either one-by one or as a batch (much
    preferred!) into TXT or another format?

    Failing the above, is there a software available that can accomplish my
    objective of saving/exporting results?

    As always, any and all constructive suggestions are greatly appreciated.

    Martin

    Martin, Oct 9, 2009

  2. Martin

    Pennywise Guest

    This depends upon the author of the PDF file, they can prevent
    copying, editing and many other functions, when creating a PDF file.
    Foxit, while I don't remember the file name (www.thepiratebay.org) it
    contains:

    Foxit PDF IFilter 32 bit v1.0.0.1504 YAG
    Foxit PDF IFilter 64 bit v1.0.0.1122 YAG
    Foxit PDF Page Organizer Pro v2.93-YAG
    Foxit Reader portable v2.2.2007.2129 (free)
    Foxit Reader Pro 2.3.2008.2825 - Olexijl
    Foxit Spell Checker v1.0 Build 2023 lexical dictionary
    GDI+ Module (free)
    JavaScript Support (free)
    JPEG2000 - JBIG Decoder (free)
    UI Language Pack (free)
    Foxit PDF Creator v1.0.2231
    Foxit PDF Editor v2.0.1011 -YAG

    I can do pretty much what I want with a PDF file.

    Pennywise, Oct 9, 2009

  3. Martin

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Oct 9, 2009
  4. §ñühw¤£f, Oct 9, 2009
  5. Martin

    Pennywise Guest

    Ah, You just think that's true.

    From the Utorrent help file on Protocol Encryption:

    "Enable Protocol Encryption in the Preferences. If your ISP is known
    to throttle or block BitTorrent traffic, and you find that enabling
    Protocol Encryption is not helping, then you may want to consider
    setting the encryption to "Forced" and disable legacy incoming
    connections.

    But then you could also be right.

    "Forced: forces µTorrent to establish only encrypted outgoing
    connections. Any peer that doesn't support encryption will not be
    connected to. It is recommended that you not use this option unless
    your ISP actively searches for unencrypted outgoing connections, as it
    can impair your ability to connect to peers."

    Shoot, I just checked and Utorrent doesn't come in the Linux flavor, I
    thought it did. You need to find a torrent client that does the above
    and works for linux as well.

    Now you know why I run windows, tho I don't care for it (third party
    support).

    --

    Those country boys...
    http://imgur.com/eLFPa