Can ping from router but not client

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kilgore Troute, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Greetings, I have a couple of 3750's set up as dumb switches. They
    are in a stack (of 4) linked by one strand of fiber.

    The devices connected to the switch are on a 10.1.30.x subnet.

    On the other end of the uplink is also a 3750 that is doing routing
    for that subnet (10.1.30.3).

    Every device on that stack is using the 3750 (10.1.30.3) as its
    default gateway.

    My machine is on a 10.1.20.x subnet

    from my machine I can ping every device from the 10.1.30.x subnet
    without problems, except for two devices. These are agfa drystar
    printers. They have the right IP, they have the right sub and
    gateway.

    I contacted the vendor and he stated to drop the speed to half duplex
    /10 on the switch ports these devices are connected to. This didn't
    work

    I can ping these two devices from the 10.1.30.3 router. This makes me
    think the two devices are not utilizing their gateways?

    Any thoughts?

    TIA

    Kilgore

    Kilgore Troute, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Kilgore Troute

    PES Guest

    I agree with you. I would use a hub and ethereal to get a packet trace that
    would back me up.

    PES, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Kilgore Troute

    jw Guest

    What is the mask for these addresses?
    What is their gateway?
    Did you deb ip oack to see what is happening?

    jw, Oct 21, 2004