    connect using SSH, it tells me "The host is unreachable". Any
    suggestions what to try next?

    Thanks in advance for any ideas.

    BillJosephson, Feb 9, 2007

  2. BillJosephson

    why? Guest

    Ask tutor/teacher (if lab at scool) or manager.(at work)
    Ping isn't SSH.
    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,090,000 for The host is unreachable
    Results 1 - 10 of about 198,000 for The host is unreachable ssh
    Results 1 - 10 of about 133,000 for The host is unreachable ssh linux

    Find out what host unreachable is first,.
    You mention nothing about the ftp server name, Linux ver, ssh ver, XP
    ftp app, or even what commands you are using, any firewall on either
    end, ssh keys were generaqted and accepted.

    www.google.com there are lots od linux ssh tutorial on how to setup and
    test.

    Me

    why?, Feb 9, 2007