    640x480. The pc is a Gateway 433c and the monitor is a Samtron 75V. I have
    tried installing all kinds of drivers but nothing seems to work.

    How can I get this thing to display more colors and at least at 800x 600?

    Scout Lady, May 6, 2004

  2. Scout Lady

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Have you been to the Gateway web site to download the video display card
    drivers?

    If you can't find it there, you will need to know what kind of video display
    card you have. Then someone will be able to provide more help. For instance,
    www.driversguide.com has just about every driver you could possibly
    want...but only if you know what card you have.

    Toolman Tim, May 6, 2004

  3. Scout Lady

    philo Guest

    you need to install the correct video drivers for your card

    philo, May 6, 2004

  4. I vaguely remember a similar problem with Win98 and turned out that the
    video card drivers were okay, I just didn't have the monitor drivers set
    correctly. Once they both were "in agreement" (I guess for lack of
    better phrasing) it went just fine. I had to specify SVGA and 16 bit
    color if I remember right, but that's a stretch.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 6, 2004
  5. Scout Lady

    Toolman Tim Guest

    That's an easy fix. *IF* the drivers are correct, then right-click on the
    desktop, select "properties". Click on "Advanced" and change the settings in
    that dialog box.

    Even after she installs the correct drivers, she may need to check those
    settings as well.

    Toolman Tim, May 6, 2004
  6. Scout Lady

    Plato Guest

    You need to install the drivers for the video card you have.

    http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html

    may ID the card in dos w/o you having to take the PC apart to see what
    you actually have.

    Plato, May 6, 2004
  7. No, that's the video driver settings. Go to Device Manager, then
    Monitor. Update drivers. Monitor and video card drivers are different.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 6, 2004
  8. Scout Lady

    Scout Lady Guest

    Thanks for all your help. I had the wrong video driver and finally found the
    right one at Gateway.

    Another question.......should I have to reinstall Win's again is there a way
    to save the drivers I need on a cd or disk so next time I won't spend 2
    nights trying to get the right drivers again?

    Scout Lady, May 6, 2004
  9. Scout Lady

    ProfGene Guest

    It is the right graphics card drivers that you need. Gateway should have
    given you a disk with all the drivers on it so you have to remove the
    graphics card driver and let Windows discover new hardware then when
    prompted put the disk in for the graphics card. If you don't have a disk
    with all the drivers you have to identify the graphics card and find the
    drivers for it on the web.

    ProfGene, May 6, 2004
  10. Scout Lady

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Wrong. The *monitor* doesn't give a shit about drivers and colors. She is
    missing *colors* and resolution. That means it's a *card* driver. Oh, and
    hey, read her reply later in this thread...the problem was resolved when she
    replaced the *video* card drivers.

    Toolman Tim, May 7, 2004
  11. Scout Lady

    Plato Guest

    New graphics card drivers often have very specific instructions on how
    to install the drivers. Read the docs before you cross your fingers and
    hope for the best.

    Plato, May 7, 2004