    printer has some kind of thin tray to hold the CD and software to
    print where the CD is located. If I can make a thin tray to suit, is
    there software available to do the job, preferably free ? : )

    WF, Jun 30, 2005

  2. WF

    GHalleck Guest

    Unfortunately, that perfectly good printer isn't going to end
    up that way. And making a thin tray to suit, just how much is
    your time worth? A CD printer is the right way to print on the
    printable CD's.

    GHalleck, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Of course you can't! You could have answered your own question had you
    bothered to spend a nanosecond thinking before putting fingers to keys. But
    people like you don't think, they just ask incredibly stupid questions.

    Ask yourself the following questions: -

    1) Does the printer driver support CD printing?
    2) Is a CD capable of bending to fit around the rollers of an ordinary
    inkjet printer?
    3) Is the tray capable of bending to fit around the rollers of an ordinary
    inkjet printer?
    4) Is the printer driver capable of telling the printer that it contains a
    printable disc, the thickness of said disc, and the position?
    5) Why did I just ask one of the world's stupidest questions?

    I don't think I've ever awarded a Moron of the Month Award in 24HSHD, but
    there's a first time for everything. Consider yourself the winner of the
    first 24HSHD Moron of the Month Award. Congratulations!

    Printable CDs in an incapable printer!! You crack me up, you really do!
    Thanks for the first good laugh I've had in ages!

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Jun 30, 2005
  4. WF

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah--I can just see you trying to bend the CD through the rollers in the
    paper feed path..."C'mon - push a little harder...there...that's it...OOPS!
    Cracked another one...Damn!"

    Or trying to build a tray - when's the last time you built a printed circuit
    board with the appropriate circuitry to drive a stepper motor, and then
    modify the printer itself so you can sync it with the printhead movement.
    Duh!

    FWIW, I've seen some low cost CD printers lately...thermal transfer as low
    as $100.

    Or go the cheap route and by some freakin' CD Stomper or Avery CD labels.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 1, 2005