    Any ideas as to how to get rid of it?

    Thanks,

    Dave C.

    dcardarelli, Mar 23, 2014

  2. dcardarelli

    Paul Guest

    Check the reviews. Wow!

    http://download.cnet.com/The-Print-Shop-Essentials/3000-6675_4-10443717.html

    Version 15 is from the WinXP era. And early .NET.
    You'd probably want to do "properties" on the installed
    executable, and select WinXP compatibility. Apparently, this
    product interacts with a web server running on your own
    computer (IIS). Or at least, has that option.

    http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=39530

    The program is huge, so you wouldn't exactly expect it to be
    a sparkling example of compatibility. It it tries to "touch" every
    subsystem on the computer, there are things that are bound to be
    broken.

    *******

    In your current mess, you would reinstall it. To put all the
    pieces back, that might enable a clean uninstallation. There
    are tools such as Revo Uninstaller, which might be used.

    I hope you have a backup of that OS, or set a System Restore
    point. Perhaps using a Restore Point and going back in time to a
    time before the installation, will remove all of it.

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 23, 2014

  3. dcardarelli

    dcardarelli Guest

    Thanks, Paul, I am going to download Revo Uninstaller and also keep it for future use if needed.

    Regards,
    Dave C.

    dcardarelli, Mar 23, 2014