    wireless can access the internet and share files). The print servers IP is
    hard coded not using DHCP.

    Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Guest

    Clark Guest

    OK, you can ping the wireless router, but not the print server. Since the
    server address is static, is there something in a firewall that doesn't
    allow that address? Are there any conflicts between the addresses? Are
    you sure you are using the correct address?

    Do you have the driver for the printer on your wireless computer?

    It seems a little strange that you can communicate with everything except
    the print server, and all other computers can. Since they all go through
    the same router, it would seem to be something in the wireless side, but if
    you can communicate with the router normally, what else is there? I am
    unfamiliar with that router, so there may be some type of setting.

    If you hard wire the laptop, can you see it?

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 27, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I agree that it seems strange. I thought maybe there was something unique
    about the microsoft router that isolated wireless connections from landline?
    It is the same for any wireless connection attempt. The landline connections
    work fine.

    Stan

    Guest, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Guest

    Clark Guest

    All I could suggest would be to go the Microsoft site and check the FAQ.
    Otherwise, you might try changing which plug you have the print server
    connected to.

    There are setings with print servers concerning bi-directional printing and
    such that you might play with.

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 27, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Microsofts site sucks for any details about there routers, or at least I have
    had no luck finding any.

    Guest, Jul 29, 2005