    the internet instead of the local network.

    Both computers run Win XP SP2 with firewall turned OFF.

    Any ideas to what I could be doing wrong?

    jostein.solstad, Oct 26, 2006

  2. jostein.solstad

    David Hettel Guest

    It sounds like your firewall is not turned off, is it possible you are
    running another firewall, than the built in firewall? Perhaps your antivirus
    program has internet worm protection? I suggestion trying this page by MVP
    Hans-Georg Michna. Take the time to go through it and it will usually
    pinpoint the problem area(s) - http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm

    David Hettel

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    confers no rights