    don't have time to learn something new since I liked the old. Have tried to
    'rollback' the driver, and various other stuff. Any ideas on how to
    uninstall this or get back control? Thanks.

    Guest, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Open the Broadcom utility and see if there is an option to disable it;
    i.e., to allow Windows to handle the wireless connection. Most of these
    third-party wireless managers have that option.

    Malke

    Malke, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Guest

    Lem Guest

    You may or may not have an hp computer, but apparently yours -- like hp laptops
    -- uses a Broadcom-based wireless unit. According to hp, "Once installed, the
    Broadcom Wireless Utility takes control of Broadcom wireless devices and the user
    must use the Broadcom Wireless Utility to
    configure and manage Broadcom wireless devices." hp also says, however, that
    most home and SOHO users don't need all the functionality of the Broadcom
    Wireless Utility, and that if you want to use the normal WinXP configuration
    tool, you must first uninstall the BWU and reboot. Try looking in Control Panel
    Add/Remove Programs for anything with the name Broadcom.

    Lem, Feb 14, 2006
  4. Guest

    xpuser Guest

    Any Luck? I know that most people like using the windows wireless
    manager ever since SP2 Was released, its just one of those neat things,

    But yeah are you certian you cant remove the program? because windows
    wireless network manager wont let you use it if theres allready another
    program using the wireless controller.

    Thanks,
    Nathan

    xpuser, Mar 2, 2006
  5. Guest

    joshua4

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I found this thread in a Google search and I'm replying to report results for other people to see. I had these same exact problems with this utility. I was trying to upgrade my broadcom drivers and I downloaded the utility. I even paused a second wondering if I should and said to myself "well its HP so it shouldn't hurt." Doh!

    I was able to find a program "Broadcom Wireless Utility" in the add/remove programs list and uninstalled it. That seemed to fix the problems. The utility doesn't appear to add any icons to the start menu, desktop or anything. It adds an icon next to the clock but if you hide that by accident the only hint of its existence is by looking in the task manager.

    joshua4, Aug 10, 2007