    either during off hours? (and before you answer, be aware that we had
    an unmetered DS3 at the old location, and unmetered T1s now until we can
    get a DS3 into this office)

    DevilsPGD, Jul 30, 2006

  2. Susan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    45

    I don't want or need your sympathy.
    No, your customers are, in the money that they pay you to do work for
    them. Remember work..?
    Good for you.
    Good for you. I work for money.
    So the income from your customers doesn't fund these lines..? Where does
    the money come from, then..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Susan

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> "Ivor Jones"
    It's 7:43am, I've spent 7 hours working today. I intend on putting in
    another 4-8 hours before sleeping, and likely another 4-8 after that,
    depending on when I get to bed and when I get up again.
    Again, if that is all you get out of your job, my condolences.

    I enjoy my job, the money is just a nice bonus. In fact, I've been
    doing this job with this company since before I was hired by
    participating in the company's public mailing lists (performing
    everything from support to QA duties, although far more informally
    before I was being financially compensated)
    Sure -- But since we need them for business purposes, we've got 'em.
    Using the excess capacity for non-business purposes doesn't cost anyone
    any additional money.

    So again, what cost do our customers (or does my employer) pay when I
    make a local call from my office phone on my lunch break, or when I surf
    the web either during off hours? (And again, we're unmetered -- Our
    monthly bills are the same whether the lines sit idle, or they are
    utilized)

    DevilsPGD, Aug 2, 2006
  4. Susan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    Stop feeling sorry for me, I keep telling you I don't want or need your
    sympathy.
    While they are not being used for business purposes, they are losing
    money. A plane sitting on the ground rather than in the air carrying
    fare-paying passengers is not generating revenue, neither are your lines
    unless you're using them for work.
    Well good for you. But if they're not being utilised for business
    purposes, they are effectively losing money. Which your customers will end
    up paying for, one way or another.

    Regardless of any of the above, let's get back to the original question,
    that of privacy of personal communications over business systems. I don't
    care if your employer gives you free phone calls, internet access or
    both - if you're using them for personal use at work, you are *not*
    entitled to privacy on them. If you are using equipment that does not
    belong to you, then the owner of that equipment is entitled to know what
    it is being used for, and to know what is being transmitted/received.

    Don't like it..? Don't use business equipment for personal use.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 2, 2006
  5. Susan

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> "Ivor Jones"
    But unlike a plane, which costs money to carry passengers, our lines are
    there whether they're begin utilized or not. The costs are the same
    either way.
    In the case of my employer, law doesn't grant me any privacy. Where I
    live (which is a different jurisdiction), the law does grant me some
    privacy. Throughout much of the developed world, you have a lot more
    rights.

    *shrugs*

    Either to their own.

    DevilsPGD, Aug 3, 2006
  6. Susan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    No. The lines cost money to rent. Therefore your company makes less money
    when they are not being used. So if they are being used for private
    purposes, they are effectively losing money.
    Exactly. And if you remember, the OP was asking if their *employer* could
    listen in while they were using *work* equipment.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 4, 2006
  7. Susan

    tracy Guest

    Glamour marketing group

    Dear my best friend,

    TAIWAN Glamour marketing group.
    http://www.GMG888.com

    http://www.gmg888.com/catalog/index.php

    I'd like to offer you an ideal business opportunity!!

    We are one of specialized and rapidly developing maufacturer of

    USB Skype phone
    Web Cam

    USB Card reader

    Flash Card

    iPod accessories

    MP3 & MP4 Player

    Mobile phone accessories

    and are enjoying an excellent reputation through Eight year's business
    experience.

    Company Outline:

    1.We providing global buyers and supplies with expert services,
    including
    Product information collection
    Market analysis
    Procurement
    Product design
    Packaging and marketing
    Translation
    O.E.M & O.D.M

    2. Excellent qualities,Competitive Prices,Satisfied Service, Experience
    and efficiency.

    3. We are also very pleased to act as an Internation Purchasing Office
    for you:

    provide the service as below: Q.C, Purchasing, Shipping, Information
    ,ect

    Best Regards

    Tracy

    E-mail:

    MSN:

    Skype: Glamour-Marketing-Group

    http://www.GMG888.com

    tracy, Aug 14, 2006
  8. Susan

    Williams

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2009
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    What about me,i use imcapture. com IMCapture for Skype.It's prog for record audio and video calls.I like this simple prog.

    Williams, Dec 15, 2010