    received on one SIP account, but use a different SIP account for
    outgoing calls?

    Thanks!

    benn, Jul 31, 2008

  2. benn

    Mike Sun Guest

    Mike Sun, Jul 31, 2008

  3. benn

    Mike Sun Guest

    Yes, this is possible provided that your outgoing SIP provider can work
    "unregistered". These are called "Gateway Accounts" - you can have up to 4
    different providers set up as Gateway accounts for which you fill in login
    details on the "Line 1" tab in the voice configuration menu. You then setup
    the "Dial Plan" to use the appropriate provider for your outgoing calls.

    Cheers from Mike

    Mike Sun, Jul 31, 2008
  4. benn

    Sinna Guest

    So it won't work with Betamax in case you want to use CallerID?

    Sinna

    Sinna, Aug 1, 2008
  5. benn

    TheFug Guest

    Jono schreef:
    Ah ! Thankyou Jono ! that's the kind of tip i was wating for !
    so i can dust off my SPA3102 for that, i guess....

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Aug 2, 2008
  6. benn

    TheFug Guest

    Jono schreef:
    So i guess, i can also setup a second betamax provider, on GW2 ?
    and also have CallerID working for this one ?

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Aug 2, 2008
  7. benn

    TheFug Guest

    Jono schreef:
    That's great, this solves a few problems i had, and i also don't have to
    use Voxalot, for sip switching, Voxalot, a provider that's a bit picky,
    which type of modem you use with them, (this goes beyond the NAT issues)
    The link you gave, had also some nice dialplan examples, only the other
    "settings" like dialtone, etc.. where specific BT, i guess...
    but i guess i have those settings still stored of my previous "use".

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Aug 2, 2008
  8. benn

    TheFug Guest

    Jono schreef:
    Well, i tried this method, and indeed, CallerID works this way, but....
    the connection gets broken after about 23 seconds, my guess, some how it
    has to do with registration, on the GW1 and the main one for incoming,
    there should be a provider that's registered, voipbuster for this
    purpose, did not do the job, in keeping open the connection.....

    does this sound familiar ?

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Aug 2, 2008
  9. benn

    Sinna Guest

    I'm afraid the gateways don't register with the VoIP-provider so you'll
    only get some test functionality.

    I hope Jono can answer this question as it would be very useful for me
    too. If possible, I can use different providers based on the destination
    line (fixed or mobile).

    Sinna

    Sinna, Aug 4, 2008
  10. benn

    Mike Sun Guest

    Mike Sun, Aug 4, 2008
  11. benn

    Mike Sun Guest

    I also confirm that I have 2 Betamax providers (voipcheap.com and
    justvoip.com) set up on GW 1 and GW2 with no issues of calls cutting off.

    PS Sorry for the previous blank posting - somehow my OE client immediately
    sent the posting before I started typing :(

    Mike Sun, Aug 4, 2008
  12. benn

    TheFug Guest

    Mike Sun schreef:
    On the SPA3102 ? which provider do you have registered for incoming
    calls on the SPA3102 ?
    and... you have a PPPoA ADSL type of connection ? or do you have a
    ADSL+telco package ?

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Aug 5, 2008
  13. benn

    TheFug Guest

    Mike Sun schreef:
    Have you tried Thunderbird (Mozilla) ? it does usenet, and Email...very
    good.

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Aug 5, 2008
  14. benn

    Brian A Guest

    Afaik here is nothing in the T&Cs of the Betamax companies that say
    registration is necessary. I use JustVoip on Voxalot with no
    registration and, it seems that Jono has no problems direct from the
    ATA. So, it might safely be assumed that it isn't a registration
    problem.
    This might help...
    You can use Voxalot, for free, to permit use of multiple outgoing
    providers. Voxalot doesn't need to be registered. It would be worth a
    try out. Set Voxalot as one of your gateways and then set up a dial
    plan on Voxalot along with all the providers you want to use.
    If you decide you want to register a provider or do call diverts then
    you have to pay but otherwise it should be free so, I would think,
    worth a try.
    In your ATA dial plan you'll just need to add the gateway you have
    voxalot on. For a try out you could have something like
    <#1,:>xx.<:mad:gw1>
    Dialing #1 will give you a second dial tone, then you can dial your
    number to route out via Voxalot.
    In Voxalot set up the provider as required. Then set up a simple dial
    plan using advanced settings.
    Pattern _0[12]X.
    Comment UK National 01 and 02
    Replacement 0044${EXTEN:1}
    Provider providerOfYourChoice
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No

    The above will allow you to dial UK numbers starting with the area
    code followed by the local number.
    For example, from you handset dial:
    #1 01274511111

    I use Voxalot for my incoming provider too but you don't need to do
    that, if you just want to use a gateway to try it all out then that is
    OK.

    Brian A, Aug 5, 2008
  15. benn

    TheFug Guest

    Jono schreef:
    No problem with Thunderbird, i'm doing Email and usenet with it, and
    also do not sent my original email address with ng posts, seperate
    email/news sigs, tree structure at the left, in short, you should try it
    , and judge if it suits you.
    btw. i don't use it for binairies, i leave that to Agent (Forté)

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Aug 5, 2008
  16. benn

    TheFug Guest

    Jono schreef:
    When i try to config, i can't do without a line1/inbound registration,
    otherwise i can't make an outbound call that way, i guess i have one of
    the "few" options, on the SPA3102, not correctly set ...yet :(

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Aug 5, 2008