    zip -rt 03152007 new.zip mypath

    This command is to compress the files which are older than 03/12/2007
    in mypath and create new.zip file.

    msmmgr, Sep 13, 2007

  2. Correction, older than 03/15/07. Stick with PKZip if you're really
    wanting to use the command line.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 13, 2007

  3. msmmgr

    why? Guest

    www.winzip.com you did try?
    You mean like this?

    http://www.winzip.com/prodpagecl.htm

    WinZip Command Line Support Add-on

    The WinZip Command Line Support Add-On is a FREE add-on for users of
    WinZip Pro with a valid license. Before installing this add-on, please
    make sure you have WinZip Pro installed.

    The WinZip Command Line Support Add-On provides a command line interface
    that gives you the power of WinZip without the usual WinZip graphical
    user interface. It allows you to use WinZip directly from the command

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 13, 2007
  4. msmmgr

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Try it.
    There are no files older than 03/12/2007 since its only 16/09/2007 today.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    I do not represent atheists or atheism

    Barry OGrady, Sep 16, 2007
  5. msmmgr

    Barry OGrady Guest

    That won't work either because there is no 15th month.
    Barry
    =====

    Barry OGrady, Sep 16, 2007
  6. Don't be silly. It's 09/16/2007.

    Christopher Jahn, Sep 16, 2007
  7. I couldn't agree more, there is no 15th month. But there is a third
    month and a 15th day. Which is how the date notation works in the U.S.
    You antipodeans, along with the limeys, do it the opposite way.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 16, 2007
  8. msmmgr

    why? Guest

    That would be the other way, 1/3rd get it wrong 2/3rds get it right.

    Although using the ISO format YYYY-MM-DD works.

    http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

    Other commonly used notations are e.g. 2/4/95, 4/2/95, 95/2/4, 4.2.1995,
    04-FEB-1995, 4-February-1995, and many more. Especially the first two
    examples are dangerous, because as both are used quite often in the U.S.
    and in Great Britain and both can not be distinguished,

    Even this bit infers the yanks are slipping :)

    A remark for readers from the U.S.:

    The 24h time notation specified here has already been the de-facto
    standard all over the world in written language for decades. The only
    exception are a few English speaking countries, where still notations
    with hours between 1 and 12 and additions like a.m. and p.m. are in wide
    use. The common 24h international standard notation is widely used now
    even in England (e.g. at airports, cinemas, bus/train timetables, etc.).
    Most other languages do not even have abbreviations like a.m. and “p.m.”
    and the 12h notation is certainly hardly ever used on Continental Europe

    <vbg>

    Me

    why?, Sep 16, 2007
  9. msmmgr

    ProfGene Guest

    For zipping and unzipping in DOS you use the free program PKzip which
    works in DOS. the commands are pk zip and then you give the path to the
    zipped file, then you give the path to where you want the file put and
    to unzip it you give the command pkunzip then the paths.

    ProfGene, Oct 5, 2007