Can I use one copy of Windows ME for both my home PCs?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Broderick Johnson, Dec 8, 2003.

  1.
    Broderick Johnson, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Broderick Johnson wrote:

    PLEASE DO NOT POINT OUT THE PARODY AT WERK IN THIS POST

    Microsoft has always been pleasant to deal with when installing the same
    operating system in several computers. After all, when it comes right
    down to it, how much sense does it make to charge for each computer that
    you install an operating system to? So yes, Broderick, you can install
    the same operating system on both computers and Mr. Gates will not mind
    nor will he object. I'd suggest that you use the same Product Key in
    both computers so that there is no suspicion. Good luck, and let us know
    how it goes.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Broderick Johnson

    Zebraloc Guest

    Thanks for replying Roger. The reason I'm asking is because I have to
    upgrade from my old standby, Windows 98. I knew something was up when
    the Windows Media Player 9 was only for 98SE and above.

    So, now when I go to MSNBC.com, my favorite news site, I can no longer
    download videos because Windows 98 can't handle MSNBC.com's new setup.

    Which gets me to the reason I asked the question. I just want to make
    sure before I buy Win ME that it isn't like Win XP (where each copy is
    only good for one registration.)

    Zebraloc, Dec 8, 2003
  4. WinXP is per machine, however, ME is not not like XP.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Broderick Johnson

    Miggsee Guest

    ME is different than XP........ Win ME is like a virus on a PC!

    Miggsee, Dec 8, 2003
  6. Broderick Johnson

    Zebraloc Guest

    Why is that?

    Zebraloc, Dec 8, 2003
  7. Broderick Johnson

    Zebraloc Guest

    Zebraloc, Dec 8, 2003
  8. Broderick Johnson

    BUFF Guest

    ME is utter crap - it's worse than 98 imho.
    XP on the other hand, is actually quite good.

    BUFF, Dec 8, 2003
  9. Broderick Johnson

    Miggsee Guest

    Win ME uses resources horribly! Some have had luck with it, but far more
    (including me) rid their systems of it and went back to Win98. Before XP was
    released, I ordered a trial version...and never looked back!

    Miggsee, Dec 8, 2003
  10. Broderick Johnson

    Miggsee Guest

    I agree wid dis poast!

    Miggsee, Dec 8, 2003
  11. Broderick Johnson

    M Mullen Guest

    (E-mail sent if a reply)

    |> >ME is different than XP........ Win ME is like a virus on a PC!

    |> Why is that?

    I've only had one experience of using ME. I tried to link my cell phone to a
    friends PalmPilot (runs ME) and crashed it when it found my signal.

    It's true what they say about ME, and I've never heard anything good.

    M Mullen, Dec 8, 2003
  12. Broderick Johnson

    M Mullen Guest

    Sometimes i'ts just best to cancel a message and hope for the best. I canceled
    my first posting of this message after I reread it online.

    (E-mail sent if a reply)

    |> >ME is different than XP........ Win ME is like a virus on a PC!

    |> Why is that?

    I've only had one experience of using ME. I tried to link my cell phone to a
    friends PalmPilot (runs ME) and crashed it when it found my signal.

    It's true what they say about that operating system, and I've never heard
    anything good.

    M Mullen, Dec 8, 2003
  13. I do.... The days of MS-DOS 3.3 was the best.... Been down hill
    since....

    John H. Guillory, Dec 8, 2003
  14. Broderick Johnson

    Miggsee Guest

    Get over it! Don't you realize how much more we can do? LOL! :) I gratefully
    accepted my work PCs being upgraded to 98 2 years ago.

    Miggsee, Dec 8, 2003
  15. Broderick Johnson

    Miggsee Guest

    Messages do not always cancel. It depends upon the server and time........

    Miggsee, Dec 8, 2003