    lenses would work with the new camera? Or, should I just sell the old
    equipment and pick the best digital camera I can find? Thanks...

    Jim

    jtj3, Jan 28, 2005

  2. jtj3

    Darrell Guest

    Sorry the A200 is a point & shoot dZLR camera, it has optional lens cells
    that mount iun front of it's intregated fixed zoom lens. As for manual focus
    MD lenses they won't work on any dSLR unless you use the VERY hard to find
    MD to Maxxum adapter ($40 usd), which has a lens element in, that means you
    can use the really expensive Konica-Minolta 7D dSLR body ($1,600 usd)

    Darrell, Jan 28, 2005

  3. jtj3

    jtj3 Guest

    Well...not the answer I was hoping for, but kind of what I figured.
    Thanks very much for the quick reply!

    Jim

    jtj3, Jan 28, 2005
  4. jtj3

    Gavin Guest

    For what it;'s worth I just bought an A200 and it's quite a nice
    camera, the zoom lens is a manula twist think, no wide and tele
    buttons to work a motor and it feels much better than a "button zoom"
    to me after my SLR's

    Gavin, Jan 28, 2005