    dSLR camera? any dSLR camera? how can I use them ? any disadvantages?

    Thanks,

    Mario

    Mario, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Mario

    Lung Fish Guest

    (Mario) wrote in
    http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm

    The only adapter that I see lited here is to put FD mount lenes on an M-
    mount camera. There is no dSLR with that mount, though the new
    Epson/Cosina rangefinder is on the horizon if you want to pay $2500. See:
    http://www.cameraquest.com/adpSLRRF.htm
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0403/04031101epsonrd1.asp

    You may run across other adapters on eBay, but you never know how they will
    work or how they may damage a new body.

    There are plenty of disadvantages. You may only be able to focus at
    infinity, you probably won't get metering, and there are some adapters with
    glass elements that will degrade the quality of the lens.

    Better to stay away and build a separate system.

    Lung Fish, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Mario

    Mark Hanson Guest

    There are FD-to-whatever mounts out there, but the general consensus seems
    to be that, unless it would cost you thousands of $$$ to replace that lens,
    don't bother. Here's a good article explaining all the problems:

    http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-manual-lenses/

    It refers to EOS cameras, but I can't see how it wouldn't also apply to any
    AF mount.

    Mark

    Mark Hanson, Apr 19, 2004