Can I Use A 56k Modem to access DSL.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gameboygeek46, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. Hmmm... forward momentum, with a long steep drop at the end...

    How's that work? 32 ft per second times each second - or:

    1 mile = 5,280 feet

    Gravitational fall rate:

    1st second = 32 ft/sec
    2nd second = 64 ft/sec
    3rd second = 96 ft/sec
    ... etc.

    Hmmm. Maybe not. Or maybe... if you had $20 million to
    splurge, you could get one of those Russian space tickets...

    I think a good movie would be about this guy
    who is a brain scientist, but he gets hit on the head
    and it damages exactly that part of the brain
    that makes you want to study the brain.
    So, everyday he wakes up to try to figure out
    what his life was all about before getting hit on the head.
    It could be a romantic comedy because when he wakes up
    with an ugly girl, he'd think he's being Punk'd by Ashton Kutcher.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 22, 2006

  2. Get the left channel from Grandpa.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 22, 2006

  3. Horizontal speed won't affect the speed of the vertical vector. If you
    fire a bullet horizontally and at the same instant drop one at the
    height of the barrel they will both reach the ground at the same time.
    The speed of a falling body reaches a point where it no longer increases (i.e.,
    its accelleration reaches zero. Look up "terminal velocity".

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 22, 2006

  4. So, are you saying it could or it couldn't? [it = car [email protected]]

    Careful now. (there's got be a whole generation of kids on 'puters
    wondering just how Santa does that sleigh thing)

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 22, 2006
  5. Again, look up "terminal velocity".
    The reindeer all have antigrav belts. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 23, 2006
  6. gameboygeek46

    Plato Guest

    Yes. Ask your DSL provider on how to do it.

    Plato, Dec 23, 2006
  7. gameboygeek46

    Badger Guest

    Your subject is different from the content of your message. If the subject
    is correct the answer is "No".
    If the message is correct the answer is "Yes" but of course you have to have
    an ADSL account with your ISP
    Badger

    Badger, Dec 23, 2006
  8. gameboygeek46

    William Guest

    That'd be 400 mph terminal velocity!

    William, Dec 23, 2006

  9. I'm actually getting the impression that you actually think you know more
    about physics than I actually do.

    He was a cowboy and he loved the land! He loved it
    so much that he made a woman out of dirt and then
    married her. But when he kissed her, she disintegrated.

    Later, at the funeral, the preacher said "Dust to dust,"
    and some people laughed. So the cowboy shot them all.

    At his hanging, for "murder", he told the survivors, "I'll
    be waiting for *you* up in Heaven -- with my trusty angel guns!"

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 23, 2006
  10. gameboygeek46

    Fred Kasner Guest

    An object as large as an automobile is more likely to have a terminal
    velocity in free fall of ca. 200 mph.
    FK

    Fred Kasner, Dec 23, 2006
  11. gameboygeek46

    Sherry Guest

    Please take your hands off the key board, put one in your pocket and
    with the other unplug your computer and walk away.

    Sherry, Dec 24, 2006