    Will the data be correctly transferred?
    thanks

    bye Jones

    Jones, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Jones

    derek / nul Guest

    what cable?
    what transfer method?
    I don't have a crystal ball.

    derek / nul, Nov 23, 2003

  3. 178397349
    If you will have connect all correctly then NO!
    You will not have a problems!

    Den.

    Denis Bolotnov, Nov 23, 2003
  4. What cable, probably a serial cable right? Some cables have distant limits.

    Justin Olanin, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Jones

    Robert Baer Guest

    After reading the other responses, please note: *all* cables and data
    transmission methods have distance limits, and those limits vary
    according to the cable construction and signalling protocol (which
    includes the hardware).
    For best results, use a null modem cable with RS-232.
    As long as the environnment is not electrically noisy or the cable
    does not pass by a RFI device (eg: generator, another PC), ther should
    be no problems.

    Robert Baer, Nov 24, 2003
  6. Jones

    Trent© Guest

    What's a decoder?

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 24, 2003
  7. Jones

    MrToad Guest

    To expand a bit further,
    From:
    http://www.connectworld.net/cable-length.html

    ___

    NOTE on RS-232 Serial Cables

    At lower peripheral speeds of up to 9600 baud,serial interfaces can
    usually operate over cables up to 50 feet long. Use of special high
    quality cable may in some cases allow this limit to be extended to as
    much as 150 feet.
    ___

    At 15-15 meters, you're at the end limit, [@ 9600 baud], for a
    "standard" RS-232 cable.
    Just keep that in mind when you buy a cable....

    MrToad, Nov 25, 2003