    So my question is can I sell or give away the Adobe PS Elements 2
    CD which came with my 10D ?
    thanks

    bhaskar, Aug 12, 2003

  2. bhaskar

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: (bhaskar)
    Look at the CD label, it reads "For Bundles Only. Not to be sold separately."
    In five languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).

    I guess you can give it away though ...

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 12, 2003

  3. bhaskar

    Lionel Guest

    Yes, you can. Adobe hates people doing it, but there's been at least one
    court case where it's been ruled that it's perfectly legal to do so.
    However, you *must not* keep a copy of the disk or the license key.

    Lionel, Aug 13, 2003
  4. bhaskar

    Paul H. Guest

    Exactly! Wait until a special holiday comes along like "Happy Tuesday" or
    "Merry Tomorrow" when you and another person--even a stranger--may exchange
    gifts. You can give him a bundled copy of PS Elements 2 and he can give you
    some cash in an envelope. Complete the cerimony by extending your right
    arm, then deliver the traditional holiday cry of "KA-CHIIING" as you draw
    your right hand back toward your body as if you are pulling a lever.

    I so love holidays.

    Paul H., Aug 13, 2003
  5. bhaskar

    Dreamer Guest

    See this page:

    http://www.adobe.com/support/salesdocs/23e6.htm

    While it says "single user retail," what I would do is print the form, use
    it to complete the transaction, and then, frankly, just give the buyer and
    the seller each a copy and not bother to send it in to Adobe.

    It might be against the shrinkwrap license to do this, but a total
    restriction on alienation is really hard to enforce in court. If Adobe
    *were* ever to try to do anything to you, if you showed that 1) you had a
    legitimate license transfer form and 2) you did not keep a copy of the
    software or the serial number for yourself, they'd never be able to make it
    stick.

    Dreamer, Aug 13, 2003