  1. Sash

    Sash Guest

    Would these two cause any likely/possible clash?

    Sash, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Sash

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Would these two cause any likely/possible clash?

    Maybe, maybe not. But really, it's not a good idea. The system would be
    doing everything twice. And be sure to turn off the built-in Windows XP
    firewall too.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 14, 2005

  3. Sash

    Sash Guest

    Thanks Toolie,

    What about BHO daeomon? I have that installed now but is that also
    redundant?

    Cheers

    Sash, Jan 14, 2005
  4. Sash

    WormWood Guest

    Say you're not serious....

    WormWood, Jan 14, 2005
  5. Sash

    Sash Guest

    Yes I am very serious. I have just spent the best part of a day installing
    and reinstalling my operating system because I installed a firewall that did
    not work properly. There may or may not have been some other situation that
    caused my systme to freeze and for the on off switch not to work. It
    rendered my brand knew xp system/computer useless. Now it is fixed. So you
    can be assured I am 100% serious when I ask these questions.
    Thanks

    Sash, Jan 14, 2005
  6. Sash

    Trent© Guest

    Your experience answered your own question.

    Its not a matter of 'not work(ing) properly'. Its simply a matter
    that each firewall will work DIFFERENTLY...based mainly upon the rules
    set up by the author.

    I run 2...have for a coupla years now...plus my router. I personally
    think its a good idea.

    If the world doesn't soon change, I'm goin' to THREE!! lol

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jan 14, 2005
  7. Sash

    Toolman Tim Guest

    That's not a problem - blocking BHO (browser helper objects) is also done by
    other programs, but it shouldn't conflict with them. (It's not a firewall
    either.)

    Toolman Tim, Jan 14, 2005