    longer works

    Is it possible to fix this..?

    Soon to get Cable.

    Peter M, Dec 23, 2008

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 23, 2008

  3. Peter  M

    Rhino Guest

    It is not "fiddly" at all in Windows. I am often connected to the
    corporate LAN at work via the inbuilt ethernet port in my XP laptop,
    and a lab network via my pcmcia network card, or when at home, the
    home wireless network via the inbuilt Dell wireless interface and the
    Vodafone pcmcia 3G card to the corporate LA, plus also connecting via
    virtual interfaces to machines running under vmware server..

    Once the initial setup for any given interface has been completed ( a
    one off event) it is simply a matter of point and click.

    Cheers, Rhino

    Rhino, Dec 23, 2008
  4. Peter  M

    Peter M Guest

    It seems that you can't have 2 Automatic settings, one has to have a Fixed
    IP..

    The Dialup is Auto so is the router..

    Peter M, Dec 23, 2008
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 23, 2008
  6. Peter  M

    Peter M Guest

    I am only trying to play with my Router, like doing the firmware upgrade while
    I am waiting for Cable, I had to disable the Lan in the Bios before I could
    get the Dialup working..

    I know the Router is working as I can log onto it..

    They can't even provide a Cable modem till the 9th Jan, and the house is all
    ready wired for cable as I use to have it..

    Peter M, Dec 24, 2008
  7. I don't understand why you had to do that.

    In any case, you don't have to rely on the router's DHCP to give you an
    address; just manually configure any address in the valid range.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 24, 2008