    Do they really mean 233mhz, or is that the "recommended" speed for
    better performance?

    Thanks for any info.

    Nate Goulet, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Nate Goulet

    John Guest

    Hey Nate:

    Why don't you just try it? It won't cost you anything . . .

    John <><

    John, Feb 21, 2005

  3. Nate Goulet

    ..brian.. Guest

    It will run, although performance is going to depend on available
    memory. I've seen people recommend K-melon on slower systems, although
    I haven't tried it.

    Just install it, and try it out.

    ..brian.., Feb 21, 2005
  4. Nate Goulet

    norm Guest

    Sure,I run it a 200mhz windows 95.

    norm, Feb 21, 2005
  5. It's currently running on a 166 Mhz Pentium with 32 megs of RAM under Win
    95B on one system here. It works, but it is very slow to initially open the
    browser. IE 4.01 had to be installed before FireFox 1.0 would install. It
    seems that the IE 3.0 that came with Win 95 didn't have enough of the
    support files for Firefox to install.

    By comparison, running at 200 Mhz with Win 98se, should be no trouble at
    all. You'll just need to tweak Firefox for optimum speed on a slow system.

    FoxWolfie Galen, Feb 22, 2005