    they were written/received within the last 30 days.

    Thank you,

    jm

    JM, Apr 29, 2007

  2. Firefox is a web browser, not a mail client.

    If the emails were accessed via Firefox, the messages are all stored on
    the Hotmail server. Firefox can view them but not download them. Log
    into the Hotmail webmail interface, and all these emails should be there.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 29, 2007

  3. JM

    JM Guest

    I do understand that.
    That's correct. But when you access and read an email message on a web
    based email system, a copy of that email is cached on your computer.

    I was hoping there was a utility - short of expensive computer forensics
    software - that could extract those cached copies.

    thank you,

    jm

    JM, Apr 29, 2007
  4. Search your web cache for pertinent text, e.g. in *nix, cd to your cache
    directory and try "grep -i " to find files
    containing that aparticular email address.
    I'm not aware of any such beast. If you were using a regular (POP3 or
    IMAP) mail client this wouldn't be an issue.

    John Thompson, Apr 29, 2007
  5. JM

    Miller Guest

    *JM* wrote on 29.04.07 17:18:
    You could type into Firefox' Addressbar: about:cache?device=disk
    If you know the filetype of the cached emails you can search for
    them using Ctrl+F

    HTH, M.

    Miller, Apr 29, 2007