    4. Is there another piece of software that can accomplish this unique task?

    Thanks for your help,
    hj.

    hugh jass, Aug 2, 2005

  2. hugh jass

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Adobe Photoshop or Elements will do it. But it won't be any different than
    Illustrator. Word would be the same problem, but I believe Word will not
    import PDF.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 2, 2005

  3. No, it doesn't.

    JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP], Aug 2, 2005
  4. hugh jass

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I thought not. I needed to place some PDFs in an Excel workbook recently,
    and ran into that. I ended up opening it in Photoshop, exporting it as jpg.
    The resolution suffered some, but it worked.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 2, 2005
  5. hugh jass

    dworkin Guest

    You need something that will allow you to create and edit .pdf files
    (assuming the one you want to use as a template isn't protected).
    Acrobat (not Reader) will do this, but is fairly expensive. I believe
    OpenOffice can create .pdf files, and possibly the newest version of
    Word (but I'm not sure about Word). There are other .pdf creator
    programs - Google for them.

    Malke

    dworkin, Aug 2, 2005
  6. hugh jass

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Well, duh! I answered his question by accident, didn't I <g>! If he converts
    the PDF to a bitmap image that he puts in Word, he can do a text box over
    the top.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 2, 2005
  7. hugh jass

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Open it in Acrobat, select tools>advanced editing>Text field tool> draw a
    text box around each field where you need text inserted, save it, close it,
    re open it, type in the text. You did say you have the full version of
    Acrobat 7 right?

    pcbutts1, Aug 2, 2005
  8. hugh jass

    Harrison Guest

    You need Adobe Acrobat writer.
    If you want to e-mail the document to me, I'll add the fields for you.
    policytest03
    hotmail

    Harrison, Aug 2, 2005
  9. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    I already use Acrobat 7. Pro, so I have something that edits and creates
    PDFs.
    Now what can I do?
    Can I actually type on top of a background form in Acrobat?
    I would prefer to not alter the existing PDF as if it were a background
    image.

    Thanks,
    hj

    hugh jass, Aug 2, 2005
  10. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    Yes I do.

    Thanks, I'll try this way.

    hj

    hugh jass, Aug 2, 2005
  11. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    Thanks for the offer...
    I do have Acrobat Writer.
    I think the post above answers my question, so I'll give it a try and if it
    doesn't work, I'll ask you for help.
    Trouble is, there are many forms.
    Thnx again,
    hj

    hugh jass, Aug 2, 2005
  12. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    I had luck creating the form fields, but then when I saved and reopened the
    doc, it just shows me the fields and doesn't enable me to fill them in.
    I have to open a separate install of Acrobat Reader to fill them in.
    Am I just missing some simple setting here?

    thnx

    hugh jass, Aug 2, 2005
  13. hugh jass

    pcbutts1 Guest

    STOP FORGING ME YOU BASTARD!

    --

    "Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
    archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

    -
    -

    pcbutts1, Aug 2, 2005
  14. hugh jass

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Aug 2, 2005
  15. Arguing with yourself is not a good sign.

    JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP], Aug 2, 2005
  16. hugh jass

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Aug 3, 2005
  17. I was forged myself when I first started in MS's groups. Eventually they
    lose interest and move onto another target.

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP], Aug 3, 2005
  18. hugh jass

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Same here. We can only hope the idiot forging pcbutts1 moves on soon, but is
    has been quite a while and is getting rather old.

    T.T.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 3, 2005
  19. ************Middle Posted for Maximum Confusion********************

    I have 18 pcbutts1 in my killfile and I'm sure that is not all.....

    -max
    --
    Playing Nice on Usenet:
    My Pages: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/

    What's in a Name?, Aug 18, 2005
  20. hugh jass

    Toolman Tim Guest

    (Don't read here yet - go to the bottom...)

    hoped for, has indeed moved on.

    There. That oughta shake things up <g>

    hasn't responded vehemently and/or rudely, the forger, not getting the
    response he/she/it

    (Up to the top, please)

    Split posted to further confuse the issue...

    The forger seems to have slowed down or moved on. Maybe the fact that the
    real pcbutts1

    (halfway up the page to continue please...)

    Toolman Tim, Aug 19, 2005