Can I download it if I had a MSDN subscription?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, May 13, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, May 13, 2005

  2. Yes - if you have the appropriate level of MSDN subscription then the x64
    products are available for download for development and testing use only
    (They may not used on your day to day machine) - as per the MSDN licensing.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 13, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ok Mike, I see the download is there, but it says I must get a retail product
    key. Where can I get it?
    And what do you mean by those "usage restrictions" ? Isn't it the full
    product?

    GB

    Guest, May 13, 2005

  4. You get the key from the link on that page that says product key.
    And yes the MSDN download is the full product BUT the use of this product is
    covered by the MSDN licensing terms which include the fact that you may only
    use the operating systems downloaded on development and testing machines,
    not on your day to day use machine.

    Are you new to the Microsoft Developers Network subscriptions ?

    Please ensure you read all the licensing information at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/licensing/default.aspx
    AND the FAQ at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/faq/default.aspx#licensing
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 13, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Yes Mike, I am pretty new at this. Sorry fot the basic questions.
    I understand what you mean.
    Thanks,
    GB

    Guest, May 13, 2005