    I have Cable Modem and I want to download NGs from Freeserve account.
    Could it be possible please?

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    PJB Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <>
    wrote in message
    yes, I use my NTL connexion to access Claranews servers
    every day;-) Just put the relevant settings into your news
    client.

    P.

    PJB, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Chris Guest

    No.

    Freeserve do not let you post to their newsgroup server unless you have
    dialled up to them and are not witholding your phone number. This is in
    their terms and conditions.

    Chris

    Chris, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Exiddor Guest

    Most of the Freeserve newsgroups are carried on the NTL news servers, if
    that's what you want.

    Exiddor, Jul 4, 2004
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    °Mike° Guest

    Claranews is *not* Freeserve (now Wanadoo).

    °Mike°, Jul 4, 2004
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    °Mike° Guest

    No, you will need to be logged onto a Freeserve account
    to access their newsgroups.

    °Mike°, Jul 4, 2004
  7. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    why? Guest

    That would be an NTL account? Normally the permissions to access an ISPs
    server are automatic (fixed broadband or username/password) to the ISPs
    own servers and not those of others.

    If you wish to access servers that are not from your ISP, you would need
    to know if Freeserve allows access with a username / password.

    There are some ISPs like Clara that offer a news only account that works
    fine from other ISPs. There are a handfull of others oftem mentioned in
    past posts in 24HSHD.

    Me

    why?, Jul 4, 2004
  8. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Bob B Guest

    No, you will need to be logged onto a Freeserve account
    Not true Mike....you can get the freeserve newsgroups.....check it out!!
    (Mind I had always logged on to freeserve previously to get to their
    newsgroups) BB

    Bob B, Jul 5, 2004
  9. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    °Mike° Guest

    Read the question again. The original poster is with NTL,
    on broadband. He will NOT be able to use news.freeserve.com
    to download a complete list of newsgroups on the Freeserve
    news server, whilst connected to NTL -- he is not talking about
    viewing the individual "freeserve.blah.blah" newsgroups, which
    *may* be accessible on some other servers, but likely not
    many. I repeat: Freeserve require you to be connected to
    a Freeserve account to access the Freeserve news server.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jul 5, 2004
  10. But they do not download.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jul 5, 2004
  11. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Exiddor Guest

    I just checked on news.cable.ntlworld.com and 15 freeserve.* newsgroups are
    available and download without problems here.

    Exiddor, Jul 5, 2004
  12. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    joevan Guest

    That's the same with Verizon. They have great newsgroups and work at
    it but you have to have an account with Verizon.
    joevan

    joevan, Jul 5, 2004
  13. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Bob B Guest

    I log on using NTL broadband. I also have freeserve and used to use
    news.freeserve.net. The individual news groups are the same ones I was using
    with freeserve that are also on the NTL text.news group. So whilst I agree
    you cant log onto news.freeserve.net. For the groups I use I don't need to
    use freeserve now. Bob

    Bob B, Jul 6, 2004
  14. Hi Mike,

    I downloaded the NGs from NTL but the NTL do not support them or I
    cannot download the messages on those NGs.

    Freeserve also have the same NGs but they are working. I can download
    messages from Freeserve but not from NTL account even though they are on
    the NTL List.

    So, NTL is not bothering about NGs service and this they have told me
    before.

    Rajinder Nijjhar

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jul 6, 2004
  15. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    °Mike° Guest

    I didn't understand a word of that.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2004
  16. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    jack Guest

    i do, unfortunate its a complaint, <sigh> well just do what i do, nuthing,
    cus there's nuthin u can do about it.

    p.s xcus my short hand riting

    jack, Jul 6, 2004