    do much good at all.

    Is there anything that I can do to help this issue, short of buying a newer
    comptuer with a processor really made for a notebook?

    Brian, Jul 17, 2006

  2. Sounds like you're generating extra heat from overclocking and generally
    jamming a Ferrari engine into a golf cart. If you want to play games, get a
    game machine.

    Richard Blaine, Jul 17, 2006

  3. Brian

    Meat Plow Guest

    Get the laptop's cooling system checked out.

    Meat Plow, Jul 17, 2006
  4. Brian

    Dingus Guest

    |I bought a dell laptop a few years back. I upgraded it soon after to
    768mb
    | of ram and from a 2.0celeron to a 2.6p4. It's a nice laptop and all,
    but
    | when I load a flash game, I can play fine for about 2 minutes or so
    at the
    | most, and as the temp of the cpu rises to say 72 and then higher,
    the pc
    | really slows down and is unbearable.
    |
    | I bought a cpu cooler with two fans to put under the laptop, but it
    doesn't
    | do much good at all.
    |
    | Is there anything that I can do to help this issue, short of buying
    a newer
    | comptuer with a processor really made for a notebook?

    Consider lowering the Rez on the display. Make sure all vents are
    clean and clear. Go to game website and see if there are any
    recommendations. Really the only way to lower the cpu load is to
    upgrade Video, in which case a gaming machine is the way to go. A lot
    of gamers sale slightly used machines on ebay and other sites.

    --
    Dingus says:
    Routinely Run - Disk Cleanup,

    Dingus, Jul 17, 2006
  5. Brian

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Heh - ain't it the truth! I've never seen anyone who replaces their systems
    more often than gamers. First new "upgrade" on the market, and they're off
    to the store. (I know I'm generalizing here - not "all" gamers have that
    much spare change rolling around <g>)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 17, 2006