    Is it possible to get it back to the resolution I really like?

    Thanks.

    -Rob

    Rob G, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Rob G

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Rob G said:
    1024x768 is larger than 1280x1024?
    I don't think so somehow.

    Brian H¹©, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Rob G

    °Mike° Guest

    Your resolution is restricted by the hardware and video
    drivers, so if that's all you've got, then that's all
    you've got.

    °Mike°, Jun 26, 2003
  4. Rob G

    °Mike° Guest

    I get the notion that he meant icons/text etc. are too large/small.

    °Mike°, Jun 26, 2003
  5. The images at 1024X768 are *much* larger than the images at 1280X1024

    «{\\/}ú[}ßð/\\/è», Jun 26, 2003
  6. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    Brian,

    Thanks for your response, but I am not clear what you are saying.

    To clarify what I meant, in 1024 x 768, everything is too large on the
    screen, I lack enough room to work effectively. At 1280 x 1024, the fonts
    and everything else (while I have lots of room) are too small to read easily
    and clearly.

    -Rob

    Rob G, Jun 26, 2003
  7. Rob G

    Shep© Guest

    Win9X/ME
    Right click on the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/Item/ and change to
    suit.
    Should be same for NT/XP.
    HTH :O)

    Shep©, Jun 26, 2003
  8. Rob G

    Jimchip Guest

    Try to set it manually by typing 1152 x 864. You don't say what OS you have
    but that resolution with 16 or 24bpp should be doable.

    Jimchip, Jun 26, 2003
  9. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    A bit, to what degree?

    Rob G, Jun 26, 2003
  10. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    Jimchip,

    I have Windows 2000 Professional installed. However, I don't see anyplace to
    be able to enter the resolution manually.

    Thanks.

    -Rob

    Rob G, Jun 26, 2003
  11. Rob G

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Rob G said:
    It's a sackable offence in the vast majority of companies if you make system
    changes.

    Brian H¹©, Jun 26, 2003
  12. Rob G

    Plato Guest

    Your IS/IT/etc dept. determines to what degree. Ask first.

    Plato, Jun 26, 2003
  13. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    They want to help, but don't know what to do.

    I've already done lots of registry changes (fun customizing) without any
    problems. I did ask before doing that, just in case. They said the problem
    is with real hacking and too much internet use.

    Recently someone was fired for running a business through eBay.

    Rob G, Jun 26, 2003
  14. Rob G

    Jimchip Guest

    I think you are stuck with whatever is shown on the 'slider'. It seems
    strange that it would skip 1152 x 864 if you can go from 1024 x 768 to 1280
    x 1024

    Jimchip, Jun 26, 2003
  15. Rob G

    Plato Guest

    Then you can do what you want I'd imagine.

    Plato, Jun 26, 2003
  16. Rob G

    Plato Guest

    Just note that mine, and some other comments here were just meant to
    save your job as its quite easy to lose it in large corporations for
    messing with their PC setups.

    Plato, Jun 26, 2003
  17. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    Yes, I understand and appreciate that.

    But I guess the answer is still that it can't be done. Drat!

    Rob G, Jun 26, 2003
  18. Rob G

    Shep© Guest

    Ok and for the last time.
    Set the resolution to the one you can that's nearest and then,

    Shep©, Jun 26, 2003
  19. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    Whoops! Didn't read that as clearly as I should have.

    It works, but it is not exactly the way I would like it.

    Thanks!

    Rob G, Jun 27, 2003