    Trying to find the settings on my system to change the name on my outgoing
    mail so the correct name shows on the 'From' position.
    any ideas.

    Lynne Ko, Feb 8, 2006

  2. Tools|Accounts|account to amend|Properties

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 8, 2006

  3. Lynne Ko

    Tony Guest

    Tools, accounts, click on the mail tab and double click on the account you
    want to change under User Information.

    Tony, Feb 8, 2006
  4. Lynne Ko

    Evan Platt Guest

    That would depend on your e-mail client, don't you think?

    Evan Platt, Feb 8, 2006
  5. Lynne Ko

    Tony Guest

    check the headers and you will see that the OP is using OE6

    Tony, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Lynne Ko

    Evan Platt Guest

    Look at my headers.

    What program do I use for e-mail?

    Evan Platt, Feb 8, 2006
  7. Lynne Ko

    Tony Guest

    That is pedantic!! Forte Agent isn't capable of sending emails. If someone
    is using OE as a newsreader, then there is a 99% chance they are using it
    for email too!!

    If they haven't the knowledge to know where to change the name that appears
    on emails, it is unlikely that they have the knowledge to setup and use a
    different email client.

    Tony, Feb 8, 2006
  8. Lynne Ko

    Jed Clampett Guest

    Yes it is
    If it isn't then my emails have been getting there by magic these last
    6 years.

    Jed Clampett, Feb 8, 2006
  9. Lynne Ko

    Evan Platt Guest

    Really?

    So this button on the top of Agent - that says "Send email"... What
    does that do?

    BTW: It was a trick question. I use Eudora.

    Evan Platt, Feb 8, 2006
  10. Lynne Ko

    Tony Guest

    Must admit I haven't looked at Forte for years and when I did it was just a
    newsreader. Strange thing is I was going to make a tongue in cheek guess
    and say Eudora - wish I did now!!

    Tony, Feb 8, 2006