    searching I get the usual list of Web site links. Howeve, when I click on
    any of the links, I can't access their Web pages, and get the standard "Page
    cannot be found" error.

    Guest, Nov 27, 2006

  2. Try these links. If you can only access the one using an IP address, then
    you likely have a DNS problem.

    http://207.46.19.60/
    http://www.microsoft.com/

    Since you can access search engines by name, then it's probably not a DNS
    problem. However, if only the first link above works for you, then check
    your DNS configuration using ipconfig at a command prompt.

    If both links work, you may be infected by a virus that hijacks the search
    engine. Usually these will redirect links to other sites, not give you a
    "page not found" but it's still possible. If you are infected, you'll need
    to use a malware removal program. Below is a link that names some of the
    most popular ones"

    http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php...showtopic=76717&pid=589334&st=30&#entry589334

    I hope this helps!

    Greg Lindsay [MSFT], Nov 30, 2006