    VLAN 1 can visit VLAN 2; VLAN2 can not access VLAN 1

    Can Catalyst realize this function, If yes, how?

    Thanks for any help

    Bluesea, Apr 14, 2007

  2. Yes, this feature is named "access-list".

    :)))

    And seriously, if you have VLANs you need to communicate between, you have
    to use Layer3 functionality - create IP and/or IPX interfaces for VLANs and
    enable IP&IPX routing on the switch. And then you define, which IP Subnet
    can communicate to which, which traffic is allowed and which not, etc.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

    headsetadapter.com, Apr 14, 2007

  3. Bluesea

    jw Guest

    Even an older numbered access list would do.

    jw, Apr 15, 2007
  4. Yes,
    Another solution is use private and rpomiscous vlan feature.
    Bartosz

    Bartosz Gagat, Apr 15, 2007