  1. Mack Danife

    bert Guest

    LOL

    bert, Mar 11, 2014

  2. Mack Danife

    bert Guest

    Doing something the customer doesn't want. What do you thing it implies?
    [/QUOTE]
    That the person on the receiving end is already a customer the relevance
    of which you have snipped out.

    bert, Mar 11, 2014

  3. I thing your problem may be that you have not been using the account.

    I have had an account since the days of the dial up service. So far I
    have not been asked to pay.

    Accounts are being migrated from the Yahoo. Mine has not yet been
    migrated but I haven been told that the migration should be completed by
    the end of the month.

    Michael Chare, Mar 13, 2014
  4. OOps. Looks like I have had a similar email, though they say if I sign
    up for BT Premium Mail it will be free for the first 12 months.

    Michael Chare, Mar 13, 2014
  5. Fact of life, I'm afraid. BT own all *.btintenet.com addresses and, like all
    ISPs, see no reason why they should let you use one if you ain't paying them
    anything. Google give you a free gmail address, but only on the
    understanding that their computers read all your mail--both outgoing and
    incoming--and analyse it for marketing purposes.

    Like it or not, unless you're prepared to cough up BT's rather overpriced
    fee, you're going to have to abandon your BT e-mail address and inform all
    those who use it of your change of address.

    Now is the monment to take out a domain name of your own--complete with
    redirection--and thus avoid ever having to go through this again.

    You could take out a two-year registration of the domain name danife.co.uk,
    for example, for less than a tenner with Easily.co.uk
    (http://easily.co.uk/index.php); Easily would automatically redirect all
    e-mails addressed to $any_name at danife.co.uk to the address of your choice
    (e.g. your current ISP-provided e-mail address) ... you can change the
    redirection address via an online form at any time if, for example, you
    again change your ISP.

    (Easily is just one of various firms offering this kind of service. Make
    sure you choose one that doesn't tie you to it by small-printing a swinging
    charge should you later want to move to a different redirection service, and
    one that is considered reliable in the sense that its redirection server
    doesn't suffer much downtime.)

    Note that a .co.uk domain registration lasts for two years (and thus costs
    you in the region of 50p per month). DON'T forget to renew it on time.

    Peter Boulding, Mar 27, 2014