Can anyone tell me what this is? (Google Maps Link)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chris Morse, Feb 21, 2008.

  1. Chris Morse

    Chris Morse Guest

    Chris Morse, Feb 21, 2008

  2. They are irrigated crops, if you look closely you will see a dot in the
    centre of the circles and on some you will see a straight line coming from
    the centre to the edge, that straight line is the sprinkler boom. As the
    sprinklers work the boom slowly pivots around the centre point creating the
    circle. The square areas work on a similar system with thw boom moving up or
    down the square as required.

    GreenieLeBrun, Feb 21, 2008

  3. Chris Morse

    Pennywise Guest

    Those are irrigation circles
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_pivot_irrigation
    From that link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Irrigation_in_the_Heart_of_the_Sahara.jpg

    Pennywise, Feb 21, 2008
  4. Chris Morse

    Mike Easter Guest

    And, if you want to know what kind of crop they are irrigating in Elko
    Co. NV, here's a datapoint:

    "As of January 1, 2006 there were an estimated 500,000 head of cattle
    and 70,000 head of sheep in Nevada.[10] Most of these animals forage on
    rangeland in the summer, with supplemental feed in the winter. Calves
    are generally shipped to out-of-state feedlots in the fall to be
    fattened for market. Over 90% of Nevada's 484,000 acres (1,960 km²) of
    cropland is used to grow hay, mostly alfalfa, for livestock feed."

    That would be irrigated alfalfa fields.

    Mike Easter, Feb 21, 2008
  5. Don't let them fool you with talk about irrigated crops or irrigation
    fields, this is some Area 51 shit, no doubt. I wouldn't be posting
    about it anymore, if you know what I mean.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 21, 2008
  6. Chris Morse

    olfart Guest

    anyone with half a brain knows that Area 51 is nothing but bulls**t so I'll
    post about it all I ....... AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH

    olfart, Feb 21, 2008
  7. Chris Morse

    Chris Morse Guest

    Thanks everyone! That was pretty cool to see.. Not crop circles, but
    circle crops!

    // CHRIS

    Chris Morse, Feb 22, 2008
  8. Chris Morse

    richard Guest

    Actually, it's area 52 that's the top secret base. 51 is just for
    show.

    richard, Feb 22, 2008
  9. Chris Morse

    richard Guest