    they keep reappearing. I dont want to format my whole hard drive so can any
    one tell me is there any other way i can get rid of that spyware permanently
    !!!

    Steve Davis, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Steve Davis

    °Mike° Guest

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    Now maintained by InterMute
    http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Steve Davis

    Richard Guest

    I went to the site with IE 6. I immediately got blasted with a few dozen "Do
    you want to install......".
    Is this what you saw?
    If you saw true popup ads, then your browser is set to accept all those
    installations and as a result, you get to enjoy more stuff you'd rather not
    have.
    Most of the spyware blasters ain't gonna find half the stuff because it
    isn't considered spyware.

    Go to C:\windows\downloaded programs and see if anything on that date got
    downloaded.
    Remove anything you do not want.
    If you remove something you should have, you'll find out later somewhere and
    get it back.

    Assuming your browser is IE 6, go to tools...options...advanced tab.
    Scroll down to where you see "Enable install on demand.....".
    Uncheck both items.
    Now you won't get these things automatically installed on your machine.

    Richard, Feb 2, 2005
  4. Most likely, you are using some program that requires you keep the
    product installed. Go through your Add/Remove Programs list. Use
    Google to search for program names so you can find out what they are
    and if they're related to spyware installs.

    I actually had a customer with Kazaa, Bearshare, Morpheus, WinMX,
    Comet Cursor, several screensavers and web based games ask me why the
    spyware kept popping back up on her machine...

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org