  1. Dave Doe

    JohnO Guest

    Ah, so you were wandering off-topic and talking about video *display* cards, not video capture cards.

    JohnO, Feb 20, 2013

  2. Dave Doe

    JohnO Guest

    Yeah, so I see. Anyway, it's all gone a bit irrelevant and off-topic to the subject of selecting a video capture device.

    JohnO, Feb 20, 2013

  3. Dave Doe

    Enkidu Guest

    Terrestrial digital TV is broadcast on three frequencies in NZ. So far
    as I am aware a single tuner can tune only one frequency at a time, so
    you can only record and watch one set of channels if you have a single
    tuner (or so I believe). If you have two tuners you can watch a
    different channel to the one that you are recording, but the third
    channel will be unavailable. In most practical cases two tuners will
    suffice.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Feb 20, 2013

  4. I did find a PCI card that had a on board hardware MPEG2 encoding and
    some reviews on it, but that was many years ago, but I might still have
    links to it.

    All you really need is a Nvidia or AMD video card that will handle the
    steaming.

    Also Hauppauge do make then look on there web site

    Frank Williams, Feb 20, 2013
  5. Dave Doe

    JohnO Guest

    Yep that sounds right. And the DVT-T sticks are so cheap it's no burden to add them if needed.

    The main issue is getting good reception around NZ's many valleys.

    JohnO, Feb 20, 2013
  6. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    Thanks for the info. I have good line-of-sight to Sugaloaf down here in
    Otautahi.

    Dave Doe, Feb 21, 2013
  7. Dave Doe

    Enkidu Guest

    In defense of Rog, not really. If all the capture device is capture the
    data stream, it can be fairly basic, because the video card can handle
    much of the rest.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Feb 22, 2013