    The IP address it came from is 68.85.208.116

    Is this a dangerous or harmless attempt?

    Thanks!

    Julie P., Mar 16, 2005

  2. Julie P.

    cluedweasel Guest

    It's from Comcast, the same ISP as yours. I wouldn't worry about port
    scans. My Linux server gets around 60 a day.

    cluedweasel, Mar 16, 2005

  3. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    thanks so much clued!

    Julie P., Mar 16, 2005
  4. Julie P.

    Dave Lear Guest

    Dave Lear, Mar 16, 2005
  5. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Julie P., Mar 16, 2005
  6. Julie P.

    Plato Guest

    Who cares? Just let it do its job and turn off the alerts.

    Plato, Mar 16, 2005
  7. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    I thought it might be an authorized contact from Comcast. I don't want to
    turn alerts off, as I need to be able to manually allow authorized
    connections, such as when I try to FTP.

    Julie P., Mar 17, 2005
  8. Julie P.

    Plato Guest

    Okey dokey.

    Plato, Mar 17, 2005
  9. Julie P.

    pondus

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Are you seriously recommending a WEBSITE for finding ip details?
    Doing a dns check is easiest by opening up cmd.exe and type in
    "nslookup <domain>" like for instance "nslookup velocityreviews.com"
    (of course without the qoutes..) This tells you the ip.
    You can also do this with IP instead of DOMAIN, and can se what ISP for instance.

    pondus, Mar 2, 2013