    I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro 430cdt(dinosaur)
    to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op disc. or a win 98 boot
    disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy drive just cd)

    tomass, Aug 22, 2004

  2. tomass

    philo Guest

    you need to reset the bios boot order

    ie: if you want to boot from the cdrom...
    list it as the first device

    philo, Aug 22, 2004

  3. tomass

    tomass Guest

    I did that. I set fdd-hdd and no go.

    tomass, Aug 22, 2004
  4. tomass

    Pepperoni Guest

    Uhhh "fdd" is the floppy, which you have *none*, set the CD to boot first,
    then the hdd (hard drive).

    You might also check the manufacturer's web site for tips and procedure for
    installing.

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Aug 22, 2004
  5. tomass

    tomass Guest

    It gives me no option for cdrom

    tomass, Aug 22, 2004
  6. tomass

    Pepperoni Guest

    Pepperoni, Aug 22, 2004
  7. tomass

    Global_Killa Guest

    I've had this problem with a laptop before. I used a WinME start up disk and
    did a minimal boot. The typed FDISK and recreated the partition, somehow it
    had got corrupted but FDISK did the trick for me. Might be worth a try.

    Global_Killa, Aug 22, 2004
  8. tomass

    Trent© Guest

    You would do well to have at least one boot device on your computer.
    I'd install a floppy drive if I were you.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent

    Over 50? Go here...in PERSON if you can...
    http://web.wxyz.com/cars/wdc2004/

    Trent©, Aug 23, 2004