    My OS is win XP.
    Kindly help me in this regard.
    Thanks in advance.

    sam, Sep 1, 2007

  2. sam

    philo Guest

    Double check...as movies are usually on DVD...
    so if your laptop only has a cdrom...it cannot play DVD's...
    so you will need not only a DVD drive...but the appropriate software

    philo, Sep 1, 2007

  3. sam

    sam Guest

    yes i have checked them they are cd's not dvd's

    sam, Sep 1, 2007
  4. sam

    Mike Easter Guest

    sam wrote:
    Subject: can any one help me please??? urgent

    You are a googlegrouper posting into a usenet group but you don't know
    very much about usenet and messages and subjects.

    You should use a newsreader and access a newsserver instead of
    googlegroups. Your first newsreader can be Outlook Express since your
    browser is Internet Explorer. Your first newsserver could be
    news.aioe.org.

    You can use google groups to post into google specific groups. If you
    are going to post to usenet, you should use nntp reader & server.

    Mike Easter, Sep 1, 2007
  5. sam

    thanatoid Guest

    You may be talking about ACTUAL video CD's.

    There are ways of putting video on a CD (aot DVD), in VCD, mpg,
    divX formats etc. All CD *players* should be able to play them,
    however, as the discs are often pirate copies, and recorded at
    extremely high speeds, they may not play in ANY CD drive. If
    they ARE DVD's, then the other reply has the answer, but you're
    screwed anyway because the age of your laptop will prevent you
    from being able to watch the DVD properly even if you get it
    going. The same might well be the case with VCD and mpg's
    actually. You need ***at least*** a 1GHz processor and decent
    video card.

    Just get a DVD player, they're under $50. And the play VCD,
    mpg's, mp3's etc.

    thanatoid, Sep 1, 2007
  6. sam

    philo Guest

    OK then all you should need it the appropriate sofware...
    if you can past back with the format of the files(s) on the cd maybe someone
    could make a good suggestion.

    you may want to tryVLC...it should be able to play just about anything...
    but not necessarily with the best possible quality

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    philo, Sep 1, 2007
  7. sam

    thanatoid Guest

    With all due respect, isn't it time to accept certain realities,
    unpleasant and annoying as they may be? IOW, give it a rest,
    already?

    GG is NOT going away and the OP probably doesn't even understand
    ½ of the terms you used, nor is he about to look them up.

    thanatoid, Sep 1, 2007
  8. sam

    Daave Guest

    Where exactly does one purchase movie CDs? Are you sure they are VCDs?

    Daave, Sep 3, 2007