Can any one answer this??

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Earthlink, Jan 3, 2004.

  1. Earthlink

    Earthlink Guest

    Hi,

    I purchased a Canon ZR70 digital camcorder. When I record and play back on a
    TV
    or Monitor (Composite) everything looks nice and clean.
    However when I bring it into my computer P4 running XP, 1 gig Ram, NVIDIA
    GeForce FX 5200 w/ 128 meg ram, Viewsonic 21" pro flat set at 1280x1024,
    32bit. and run Either VideoStudio 5 or Windows Movie maker and import the
    video for editing it looks real crappy.

    My question is: Will the Quality return after editing when I save it back
    out to the camera and view it as I did before, TV or monitor?

    If not or there is something I am missing PLEASE email me

    Any help would be GREAT

    Liz

    Earthlink, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Yes, of course.
    It looks bad on the computer because it HAS to show you a low-res copy
    of the footage to be able to play in realtime without skipping or
    stuttering. If it's bothersome you should be able to hook up a real
    video monitor to the Canon and have the software output the video images
    to it.

    Reginald Dwight, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Oops...

    p.s. this is the wrong newsgroup for this question btw.

    Reginald Dwight, Jan 3, 2004
  4. The video you recorded with the Canon is interlaced, and your computer
    is non-interlaced/progressive. As long as you don't change the video
    to progressive during your editing/saving process, and retain its
    interlacedness, the quality will "return" when you play it back on a TV.

    There are algorithms which can make your interlaced material look better
    on a progressive display (motion-adaptive deinterlacing), but barring
    the use of those (FFDshow is a good tool), you're stuck with the typical
    Bob and Wave algorithms, which are okay but not perfect.

    Followups changed to rec.video.desktop, where this question really
    belongs.

    Aaron P Brezenski, Jan 4, 2004
  5. Earthlink

    yudu2 Guest

    I purchased a Canon ZR70 digital camcorder. When I record and play back on a
    Why does this surprise you? That is exactly what I would expect to happen.

    yudu2, Jan 4, 2004
  6. Do you have a capture card..or just tryin to capture the movie using
    usb??...if u are then try capturing the movie files with either a "capture
    card" or a "fireWire" card...and a corresponding FireWire cable...

    Orlando Henriquez, Jan 6, 2004
  7. Earthlink

    fcvr

    Joined:
    May 25, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I don't have an answer or comment about this because I'm new to this Forum. I would like to find out about AC Power Adapters for my digital camera. Could someone point me in the right direction?

    Thank you

    fcvr, May 25, 2009