Can Address Bar display Root URL?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by mr_nice_1973, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. mr_nice_1973

    mr_nice_1973 Guest

    Is there a way to force Firefox's address bar to display the root
    (parent) URL when you start typing an address in the address bar? Is
    there an extension to do this?

    For example, when I start typing "www.amazon.com", the first URL
    displayed in the dropdown of the address bar may be:

    "http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159059518..."

    I would instead like the 1st address within the dropdown menu to be:
    "http://www.amazon.com/"

    Even if I had never visited the parent/root URL, I would still like the
    address bar dropdown menu to display the root/parent URL first within
    the dropdown.

    Is there a way to get Firefox to do this? Is there an extension out
    there that will automatically do this form me?

    thanks!

    mr_nice_1973, Nov 29, 2005