    I want to use a D-Link DWL-2000AP as a replacemnt for a USB Wifi Dongle, to
    allow me to connect to my existing wireless network. Is it possible to use
    one of these for this purpose? Thanks, Rick....

    Rick, Nov 7, 2010

  2. Rick

    Rob Morley Guest

    Yes, according to www.dlink.com
    "The DWL-2000AP can be configured to perform in any one of four modes —
    as a wireless access point, as a point-to-point bridge with another
    access point, as a point-to-multi-point wireless bridge, or as a
    wireless client."
    So I expect you just need to read the manual.

    Rob Morley, Nov 7, 2010

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Yes, I am not good at reading manuals Rob. Guess I will have to download it
    and knuckle down then. Thanks a lot..... I assume what I need it to be is
    a wireless client, is that right?

    Thanks for the reply. Best Regards
    Rick

    Rick, Nov 7, 2010
  4. Rick

    Rob Morley Guest

    ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/wireless/dwl-2000ap_rev_bx/dwl2000ap_manual_101.pdf
    The relevant bit starts at page 17.
    Yes. Looks like it may only work when paired with another DWL-2000AP

    Rob Morley, Nov 7, 2010