    could be the problem. Is the speed of the memory card an issue when
    considering how long it takes the camera to save a picture?

    Thanks

    Steve Tibbett, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Steve Tibbett

    Rick Guest

    If your image size is larger than the size of your camera's internal
    memory buffer, then the speed of your memory card will make a
    difference. Low-end Sandisk is one of the slowest around, try
    one of their Ultra lines.

    Rick

    Rick, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Steve Tibbett

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    How often do you reformat the card? If you don't reformat it, many
    directories and indexing files may be left on the card, fragmenting it.
    Even though these cards don't have moving parts like a disk drive, they
    have very slow random access anyway and suffer from fragmentation.

    JPS, Jun 20, 2004